Sister Chicks Guide to Fitness & Exercise at Home!

Welcome! You've landed on my personally-touched business page highlighting the wit and wisdom of how exercising at home (or anywhere!) can be positive and fun!

I INVITE YOU TO FOLLOW ME HERE by scrolling down slightly, and then just add your e-mail address into the "Follow by E-Mail" blank. Also, I love reading your kind comments, so be sure to "Join this Site" so that your comments can be posted! Thanks!



Thursday, July 4, 2013

Where Did the Past Year & 10 Months Go Anyway??? Well, I'll Tell Ya... It Might've Been the SQUIRREL!

So, I was sitting on my front porch the other day (like I love to do) enjoying my flower garden and the songbirds... just chillin'... thinking about what my next step in life should be in order to occupy my time while my kids are occupied during this upcoming school year.  When along came the hubby, who sat down beside me, and frightened my fears away...

... Well, maybe not fears... but ponderings.  He says, "I don't know why you are not blogging.  You love to write, you love to relate to others... so, why not blog?"  Funny, my best friend said the same thing to me about a YEAR & 10 MONTHS ago.  Now, take a little peek back up at the title of this entry.  Yep, similar, eh?  I got so excited that I jumped in with both feet and started writing immediately... (pause) a whopping grand total of 5 articles! Uh, not too stellar.  But, here's why...

After the last article that I cranked out back in September of 2011, I either a) got writer's block, b) got distracted by a squirrel ("SQUIRREL!"), or c) found myself with my head planted in some very important curriculum, or d) all of the above.

This 11-second video sums up my hiatus!  :o)

The honest answer is D... all of above, but it was mostly about C... C for Curriculum!  I needed to get my priorities in order, and decided that it was time to study up on becoming a Certified Fitness Instructor.  So for many months, I studied and studied (with distractions all around me -- family, teaching exercise classes, keeping the house somewhat decent... you know, mom and wife stuff... and of course the dreaded "SQUIRREL" distractions!).  Finally, exactly a year ago this week (in July of 2012), I was as ready as I was going to get... I took and passed the test to become certified!  Now, mind you, I was already teaching classes in my home for a couple of years at that point...  I suppose the knack just came naturally to me to do it without the book knowledge.  But, we decided I'd better get "legit".  So, legit I got! 

Fast forward to today:  I am now reunited with this blog page, it's all dusted off and it got a facelift, and I actually have a plan this time to keep it running with a variety of topics that I hope you enjoy.  Some posts will be about amusing things that happened (or were said) during exercise class (my "Sister Chicks" are crazy fun!), research on exercise equipment and clothing/shoes, healthy recipes, advice on staying motivated to exercise and to eat right, articles on different types of exercise, etc.  Or possibly writing about my family, my flowers, my songbirds, or the distracting SQUIRRELS in my life!

So, stay tuned... and in the meantime, I invite you to read the past 5 articles that I wrote so long ago so that you are even more in tune with what this site was (and will continue to be) about!

Smiles and blessings - Tonya

**If you would like to comment on this post and/or continue following my blog entries, I invite you to please click on the "Join this Site" and/or the "Follow by E-Mail" areas which are located in the upper left hand margin of the site's main page.  (These options might be limited if you are viewing this on your smart phone instead of your regular PC.)  Thanks for your encouragement and support!  :o)


2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogland, friend!! It's good to see you. I'll do what I can to help promote your blog on mine. PS Love the new 'do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah! I appreciate your encouragement and sharing the love! :o)

      Delete