Sister Chicks Guide to Fitness & Exercise at Home!

Welcome! You've landed on my personally-touched business page highlighting the wit and wisdom of how exercising at home (or anywhere!) can be positive and fun!

I INVITE YOU TO FOLLOW ME HERE by scrolling down slightly, and then just add your e-mail address into the "Follow by E-Mail" blank. Also, I love reading your kind comments, so be sure to "Join this Site" so that your comments can be posted! Thanks!



Monday, July 22, 2013

You Can Do it!

As a fitness instructor, something that really thrills my heart is to see my Sister Chicks (my clients/my friends) do something that they don't think they can do!  I hear them say, "I can't - it's too heavy.  I can't - it burns."  But then, almost in the same breath, I see their facial expressions (face scrunched - gritting teeth - neck tendons popping out!) say, "But I'm going to try it anyway."  And they do it!  I love these kinds of successes!  It's my favorite part of my job!

One of my Sister Chicks doesn't particularly like it when I announce during a set, "8 more!" because it sounds like too many reps are left in whatever exercise we happen to be doing.  But if I quietly count down in my head, "8, 7, 6, 5..." and then say out loud, "4 more!" she knows she can accomplish it.  She knows that she can do 4 more of anything... and this works for her.

What works for YOU?  Maybe it's, "Only 10 more minutes left until cool down time." (That's definitely our favorite part!) Or, "This is good for me.  This is good for me. This is good for me." Or maybe it's, "What doesn't kill me will make me stronger!"  Most of us have our own thought processes of how we push ourselves to complete a workout and how to succeed at something.  And if you don't have a thought process to keep you going, maybe you're lucky enough to just have a really obnoxious and/or encouraging instructor who believes in you!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/We_Can_Do_It!.jpg

So, when you think you can't do any more reps, or you don't think you can hold that plank any longer... just remember YOU CAN DO IT!

Smiles and blessings - Tonya :o)


**If you would like to comment on this post and/or continue following my blog entries, I invite you to please click on the "Join this Site" AND the "Follow by E-Mail" areas which are located in the upper left hand margin of the site's main page.  (These options might be limited if you are viewing this on your smart phone instead of your regular PC.)  Thanks for your encouragement and support!  :o) 










No comments:

Post a Comment