Sister Chicks Guide to Fitness & Exercise at Home!

Welcome! You've landed on my personally-touched business page highlighting the wit and wisdom of how exercising at home (or anywhere!) can be positive and fun!

I INVITE YOU TO FOLLOW ME HERE by scrolling down slightly, and then just add your e-mail address into the "Follow by E-Mail" blank. Also, I love reading your kind comments, so be sure to "Join this Site" so that your comments can be posted! Thanks!



Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Porch Ponderings #2 - Birds of a Feather

I just came in from taking care of my flower garden and making sure the bird feeders were topped off.  As I worked and piddled around in nature's goodness, I started thinking about how each kind of bird has certain "taste buds" for what is palatable to them.

Some, like the Robins, peck at the ground for worms.  While others (the Cardinals, Finches, Tufted Titmouse, Chickadees, Mourning Doves, etc.) enjoy gathering around the feeder for seeds.

http://www.buzzle.com/img/articleImages/546385-2676-44.jpg

After some experience and research, I have learned that depending on the type of seed that I provide, I can draw in certain types of birds (which, in turn, keeps some away). I have also learned that there is a difference between getting "cheap" (yep, pun intended) filler seed vs. investing in the nicer wholesome seed that carries more nutrients.  

  • Some birds will eat anything that is out there for them.
  • Others are more picky about what they eat.
  • And, some absolutely refuse to eat the good stuff.

Hmm, it's almost sounding like I'm going somewhere with this.  :o)

We humans are very similar to how we choose to eat, aren't we?  Where are YOU in this above list? 

May I encourage you to begin to be more selective in what you choose to eat?  Perhaps flocking towards the nutritious foods rather than the cheap filler foods?  It's worth the investment!

Smiles and blessings - Tonya :o)

**If you would like to comment on this post and/or continue following my blog entries, I invite you to please click on the "Join this Site" AND the "Follow by E-Mail" areas which are located in the upper left hand margin of the site's main page.  (These options might be limited if you are viewing this on your smart phone instead of your regular PC.)  Thanks for your encouragement and support!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment