Sister Chicks Guide to Fitness & Exercise at Home!

Welcome! You've landed on my personally-touched business page highlighting the wit and wisdom of how exercising at home (or anywhere!) can be positive and fun!

I INVITE YOU TO FOLLOW ME HERE by scrolling down slightly, and then just add your e-mail address into the "Follow by E-Mail" blank. Also, I love reading your kind comments, so be sure to "Join this Site" so that your comments can be posted! Thanks!



Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Skinny Genes

There's a difference between being thin and being fit.  I have always been on the normal to thin side.  I have never had much of a weight issue (Shh, I can hear you "booing" me already!).  BUT, I wasn't healthy or fit.  I was a lazy bum who just happened to inherit "skinny genes" from my family.  I was never athletic... in fact, I wear grade school scars from always being picked last for a game of kickball during recess.  I hated high school P.E.  because I wasn't good at anything... including dressing out in front of a bunch of other girls in the locker room who happened to have already blossomed... and at 43, I'm STILL waiting for that "blessing"!  So, being thin sometimes has absolutely nothing to do with being healthy or fit.  So the next time you see a girl with "skinny genes" on... don't be jealous of her or even hate her... because she more than likely has her own issues to carry just like we all do.  Focus on yourself, instead of on her, at becoming the healthy and fit person that God has called you to be.  What an added blessing you can be to others when you are in better health!  Can I encourage you to start today -- right where you are -- and take it day by day at becoming more active and fit?  Blessings and smiles to you all! ~ Tonya  :o)

**If you would like to comment on this post and/or continue following my blog entries, I invite you to please click on the "Join this Site" and/or the "Follow by E-Mail" areas which are located in the upper left hand margin of the site's main page.  (These options might be limited if you are viewing this on your smart phone instead of your regular PC.)  Thanks for your encouragement and support!  :o)

5 comments:

  1. Yep. Also blessed with "skinny genes" for most of my life. A quick look at my family tree and its obvious that I inherited the trait. However, as I...dare I say it...."age" (argh!) the skinny-fit genes are rapidly becoming the "not your daughter's genes." So now I work at it. But you know...I've come to really enjoy the "me" time in the mornings. The "girl-bonding-through-moans-and-sweat" time with my sister chicks. Thanks for encouraging us to be fit and active, through ALL the stages of our lives. <3 u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to weird anyone out (since I'm a guy chiming in here), but neither one of us is really one of "The Incredibles". We're just normal people that have become active, not anyone special. We've both become very interested in the process of getting fit, but that's not a requirement for getting up and getting moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. "engineerdad" is my hubby. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All my life whenever I've said, "I need to exercise" (or more recently, "I miss exercising") many have said, "YOU don't need to exercise!" Who doesn't need to exercise?! We all need to exercise for good health. God created us body, soul, and spirit, and each one affects the others. When my health issues are resolved and I'm able to exercise again (notice I said WHEN and not IF), I'm going to be so grateful to be able to enjoy the blessing of exercise. So I encourage everyone to see it that way--as a blessing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best buddy, Sally, (whose comment is just above this one)is NOW exercising again! Praise the Lord that He has healed her enough that she can be active again!

    ReplyDelete