Sister Chicks Guide to Fitness & Exercise at Home!

Welcome! You've landed on my personally-touched business page highlighting the wit and wisdom of how exercising at home (or anywhere!) can be positive and fun!

I INVITE YOU TO FOLLOW ME HERE by scrolling down slightly, and then just add your e-mail address into the "Follow by E-Mail" blank. Also, I love reading your kind comments, so be sure to "Join this Site" so that your comments can be posted! Thanks!



Saturday, September 10, 2011

I Would Have Fallen in the Shower had it Not Been for this Class

And I quote, "I slipped in the shower this morning; and had it not been for this exercise class, I think I would have fallen!"  Well, I'm not sure I'll take full credit for her not falling... it was more than likely the Grace of God that kept her from falling on her wet fanny!  However, to explain her funny-to-hear comment:  The ladies who attend classes in my home get a full-body 45-minute workout that includes several different elements... including BALANCE exercises.  As we get older, it gets easier and easier to lose our balance and fall.  Bumps and bruises... scrapes and scratches... broken bones... twisted ankles, etc.  I for one don't want to be laid up for several days or weeks with an injury... so I've been developing my core muscles and my focus on balance to hopefully help prevent too many falls later on in life.  [SIDE NOTE CONFESSION: I tripped UP the steps last December and it took 5 months to heal.  My classes teach balance, NOT "how to not be clumsy"!]  :o)

**If you would like to comment on this post and/or continue following my blog entries, I invite you to please click on the "Join this Site" and/or the "Follow by E-Mail" areas which are located in the upper left hand margin of the site's main page.  (These options might be limited if you are viewing this on your smart phone instead of your regular PC.)  Thanks for your encouragement and support!  :o)

6 comments:

  1. What an opportune time for me to find your blog (via Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict). I fell going down the stairs outisde my condo last Monday and severely bruised my left ankle. I've been working from home this week hobbling from Point A to Point B. As long as I keep the ankle elevated above my heart, the swelling goes down, but otherwise it feels like a balloon that's about to burst. And it's yellow and purple and blue and green (the ankle, that is). Oh, and I'm 58 years old, and you are definitely right - we do tend to lose our balance as we get older. I'm living proof!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, almost 2 years later... I am finally seeing your comment. My most recent post (posted today 7/4/13) explains my delay in replying. Please forgive. Here's hoping that that ankle of yours has mended 100%!

      Delete
  2. Thanks to Sarah for guiding me to your blog. I like your wit and the fact that you write very well (someone was paying attention in Language Arts class!). Congrats on your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment! I'm far from being a perfect writer... since I write the way I talk (which is DEFINITELY far from proper! ha!).

      Delete
  3. Hi, it is highly improbable that I'll ever attend one of your course, due to my geolocalization, but I have a feeling it will be fun to follow you.
    Good luck for your new challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your interest almost 2 years ago in my blog post. I am back, and plan to write several times per week! I hope you will continue to follow... now that I'm actually going somewhere this time! :o)

      Delete